The last couple of days have been rough ones.... school REALLY picked up with a slew of essays and group projects all due in the same three days.... to give you some sort of idea of what I've been going through, I've got 7 hours of sleep total in the last 48 hours. I'm actually doing surprisingly well considering my current sleep deficit... I'm about ready to hit the sack though... but just to catch you up on a couple of things...
Granada was wonderful. I took SOOOO many pictures... probably too many. Between that and our trip to the nearby Roman ruins of Italica, I just downloaded 400+ pictures onto my computer. Yeah. I know. Also... Friday night, Alex and I had the scare of a lifetime... we very easily could have lost our wallets. Long story that I am too tired to tell at the moment... Just know that there was some absent-mindedness followed by some frantic sprinting down the cobble stoned streets of a mountain... followed by an ENORMOUS sense of relief when the forgotten items were recovered. La Alhambra... everyone reading this must promise me that you will see the Alhambra if you ever get the chance...
What else...
Oh, I stayed up until 4 am rewriting an essay for my pop culture class. This was this morning... I think it turned out rather well if I do say so myself. Jill and I also gave our second and final presentation today on two different Spanish songs that will be uploaded to the website shortly. ("Cien gaviotas" and "Piel de pantera"). Now just one more paper to finish up tomorrow and finals on Thursday... the end of schoolwork is in sight! Thank goodness! I have so much left to do and see before we leave...
Today was Jill's birthday, so we celebrated by going out to dinner at this restaurant called VIPS. It was very tasty. Very American style food, for which I was very thankful. I had a cheeseburger... yes, I'm in Sevilla and I ordered a cheeseburger, it's true. But I have to tell you, I MISS my good old American food. Actually, I've kind of been missing Americana in general. I was listening to some Frank Sinatra the other day and it was making me a little homesick. I think I may be due for some classic movies when I get back...
And now I feel like I'm starting to ramble... so I will go ahead and say goodnight!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment