quotation station:

"Mid pleasures and palaces though we may roam... Be it ever so humble, there's no place like home." John Howard Payne

June 5, 2008

Hoy es jueves...

Today was a fun day so far. I managed to get the paper done but upon arriving at school, Carlos told me he had not received it... oh well... He didn't mind so I just resent it to him....

In other news, we went to el Archivo de Indias today, which is the place where all the documents of trips to America are kept... including those from Columbus' four voyages... it wasn't too incredibly interesting... we didn't get to actually see the oldest documents. That would've been pretty memorable... but as it is, at least I can say that I was in the same building as them. 

Afterward, we went out for tapas. I had a little plate of paella and berenjenas con miel, which translates to eggplant with honey-- basically sweet, fried goodness. I have seriously been missing my veggies here in Spain... especially since everything that I am eating is fried in a pool of olive oil. The paella had some verduras in it as well. Truth be told, I went to the store earlier this week and bought grape tomatoes, a full-size tomato, and a calabacín (that's zucchini)... and I am excited, EXCITED to get to eat them. Yes. That's right. I'm excited about vegetables. Make fun of me if you will. Anyway, I've already eaten the grape tomatoes. They lasted about an hour. Jen (one of our TAs) told me I just need to ask my madre to make more vegetables... but I just don't know how to do it without seeming rude... 

Enough about that food nonsense. I seem to have gotten sidetracked...

We're about to watch a movie called Invisibles. Hasta luego!  Más luego también :)

No comments: