Hello all. I am sitting in the lobby of our amazingly awesome hostel in Granada... itś called "The Funky Backpacker Hostel," and I love it! It's about 9 in the morning and Stephanie and I got up before the rest of our party (at 6:20!!!) to see the sunrise from this lookout spot we sought out last night. It was wonderful to see the sun slowly creep out from the mountaintops and spill onto the city below... I have some good pictures from this morning as well as the sun setting last night. Let me say something again though: I love this place. Brad, if you're reading this I have to tell you that I am now more jealous of you than ever. Simply the idea of backpacking around Europe seemed exciting to me before, but now that I am surrounded by people doing just that, it's even more awe-inspiring. When you weren't camping out next to the Rhine, you were staying in places just like this one, with people like you from whom and to whom you could hear and tell stories... At breakfast on the rooftop of this wonderful little establishment, I saw a girl sitting very peacefully (not many people were up yet), and she was looking at her guidebook, no doubt planning her next adventure. I want to do that. SO badly.
Anyway, we will be seeing the Alhambra today so I will be taking a palace's worth of pictures... I apologize for the lack of website updating, but I think most of my remaining pictures will be uploaded soon after I'm back in the U.S... there's so much left to do and I can't waste too much time staring at a computer screen... You understand ;) More blogging on Granada to come. I just wanted to say hello :)
I love you all! Thanks for reading!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I am now all caught up on your posts---good stuff! Can't wait to see you NEXT WEEK, been missing my vitamin C!
Hey Bings. Love the blogs and my special Father's Day message. You little stinker. You're the bomb for a daughter. I got very lucky. Love ya and thanks for all the updates.
Tu Padre.
Yeah...I'm really jealous of your trip, but I would say that your time spent over leaves much to be desired!! Well maybe someday after you make yer first million, we can do a bro/sis trek overseas somewhere :-)
Have a safe trip home!!
love, brad
Post a Comment