quotation station:

"Mid pleasures and palaces though we may roam... Be it ever so humble, there's no place like home." John Howard Payne

April 21, 2008

Here we go!

We had our second and final orientation for Sevilla tonight! I am getting VERY excited... which is, all at once, wonderful and troublesome, due to the distraction it causes. I still have 2 very pivotal weeks to get through before I can truly start embracing the excitement... and then, I'll be leaving in 2 days! That's no time for embracing... only time for packing and getting everything in order. Anyway, I am posting my program itinerary so that you all can get a preview of what I will be up to overseas:

May 8:  8:50pm-- Depart Atlanta for Paris on AirFrance Flight #385.
  2:20pm-- Depart Paris for Madrid on AirFrance Flight #1700.

May 9: Arrive in Madrid-- we're staying at the Hotel Tryp Gran Via.

May 10: Free day in Madrid.

May 11: Depart Madrid for Sevilla. 

May 12:  First day of classes; Sevilla city orientation.

June 6-8: Excursion to Lagos, Portugal-- we're staying in the Marina de Lagos Suite Hotel.

June 19: Last day of classes.

June 20: Final Exams.

June 22: Depart for Madrid.

June 23:  10:20 am-- Depart Madrid for Paris on AirFrance Flight #1001 
   1:50 pm-- Depart Paris for Atlanta on AirFrance Flight #388


Some other things to know:
  • I will be rooming with my wonderful friend Jill in a room provided by a Sevillan family. We'll be eating two meals a day with our "family" and will hopefully get along.
  • From May 12-June 20, I will have class Monday through Friday from 10:00 am to 1:30pm. My weekends (except for the trip to Lagos) will be free for me to do as I please... SO excited! Must see's: Barcelona and the Alhambra
  • I'm taking two Spanish courses while I'm there. Ojalá que regrese hablando español con más fluencia y comprendencia... (I hope to come back speaking Spanish more fluently and with more understanding).
By the way, did I mention I was excited? :)

No comments: